List with links to university contacts, apiary inspectors, beekeeping associations and other organizations in the beekeeping
industry across the globe.
- Alans Factory Outlet Infographic Thank you Dave G for the link.
About Honey Bees
- Africanized Bees in Arkansas
- All About Bees
- Alternative Beekeeping in Top Bar Hives, an informative website about Top Bar Hives, an inexpensive
but satisfying way of keeping bees.
- American Apitherapy Society
- American Bee Journal
- American Beekeeping Federation
- American Beekeeping Federation
- American Honey Producers Association
- Apimondia - Rome, Italy
- BKeepers Outfitter - Servicing Northeast Arkansas with Honey Bee Equipment - Glenn Clark
- Basic Beekeeping Lessons;A complete set of lessons on all aspects of keeping bees.
- Bee Culture
- Bee Hive Pests ; Diseases
- Bee Informed Partnership
- Bee Safe Facebook Page
- Beekeeping - Apiculture in Arkansas - by the Univeristy of Arkansas Division of
- Beekeeping Classes
- Beekeeping Naturally
Bees as Pollinators
- BeeSource Beekeeping; Every beekeeper needs to know about this website. You can find discussions on every topic of
beekeeping, good plans for building hives and related paraphernalia, and all kinds of useful information.
- Beginning Beekeeping
- Bigcreek Honey Farm;Ed Levi is raising VSH/Russian Queens at his home in Mountain View, Arkansas. He
started beekeeping 40 years ago in France. He recently retired as the Arkansas State Apiary Specialist/Inspector. He continues to raise bees for
honey and also for queens. Ed is an EAS Master Beekeeper. For the last 18 years he has been traveling to help beekeepers in developing countries.
- Beyond Measure Designs - Cindia Yancey, Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
- Canadian Honey Council
- Carl Hayden Bee Research Center - Tucson, Arizona
- Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD)
- Cushman, Dave - website is a huge resource that is considered by many to be the world's most comprehensive and
authoritative beekeeping website.
- Christy Erickson | 3844 Cedar Springs Rd, Dallas, TX 75219
- Christy Erickson | Here’s Why We Need to Save the Bees + 10 Things You Can Do to Help
- Christy Erickson | How to Become A Tree Hugger
- Christy Erickson | Make a Mason Bee House
- Christy Erickson |The Buzz on Beekeeping: A Guide to Bringing Up Bees in Your Own Backyard
- Christy Erickson |Making a Bee-Friendly Garden
- Christy Erickson |Help the Honey Bees! Toxic Pesticides to Avoid in Your Garden
- Christy Erickson | Guide to Composting at Home
- Christy Erickson |Buzzing for Solutions: 13 Organizations and Initiatives Helping to Save Bees
- Eastern Apicultural Society
- Eastern Apicultural Society of North America, Inc. (EAS)- an international nonprofit educational organization founded
in 1955 for the promotion of bee culture, education of beekeepers, certification of Master Beekeepers and excellence in bee research.
- Eastern Apiculture Society
- eXtension Bee Health
- Earth Charmers - Sharon McCullar - Cherokee Village, Arkansas
- GardenWeb: Bees and beekeeping forum.
- Getting Started
- Gobeekeeping.com: A Web site for the hobby beekeeper interested in all things related to beekeeping.
- Guide to Beekeeping: Storing and Selling Honey
- Guide to Beekeeping for Adults and Kids
- Heartland Beekeepers Association
- http://www.hillbillybees.com/ from Salem, AR.
- Honey Bee
- Honey Hive Farms Honey Hive Farms is a bee supply company out of MO and AZ. They have bees and
also move packages of bees to this area and throughout the Midwest. Jim Moore is the son of the owner and he is in charge of this program. His
phone numbers are; 1-602-330-8468 for honey, bees sales &beekeeping classes as well as 1-602-3308469 for beekeeping equipment. He brings
the truck up I-44 to Joplin and stops at the Petco Fuel Station located at the intersection of this highway and Rt. 43. Many beekeepers from Northwest
Arkansas buy supplies and bees from this company.
- International Bee Research Association - UK
- International Beekeeping Forums
- Isely-Baerg Entomology Club Apiary Part of the Entomology Club at the University of
- Katie Kress Research Paper on IMPORTANCE OF BEES
- Kessler Mountain Bee farm - 3278 West Kessler Mountain Rd, Fayetteville AR, 72701, 479-387-1534. Kessler Mt Bee Farm is a
small local bee operation providing Spring Nucs, Spring queen cells, mated queens, wax and honey.
- Links to Land Grant Universities for each state are included on the apiary service webpage.
- Links to State Associations for each state are included on the apiary service webpage.
- Master Beekeeper George Imirie (1933-2007) of Maryland published scores of helpful essays for beekeepers.
- Mid-Atlantic Apiculture Research & Extension Consortium
- National 4-H Beekeeping Essay Contest
- National Honey Board
- NWA BeeKeepersThe links on this page will open a new web browser window or a new tab.
- Pollinator Partnership
- Rockhouse Holler Farms- Rockhouse Holler Farms is a local provider of nucs and basic beekeeping supplies. The
home yard is located in Wesley AR. The owner is Mark Eaton. You can reach him at 479-789-2140.
- Texas A&M University Honey Bee Information Site
- The Arkansas Beekeepers' Association
- The Arkansas State Plant Board Apiary Section
- The Arkansas State Plant Board Apiary Section - Information
Packet NOTE: You need a high speed internet connection. It will take several minutes to download. DO NOT TRY TO DOWNLOAD USING A DIALUP CONNECTION
- The Beekeeper’s Home Pages Weblinks
- The National Honey Board
- The Pollination Home Page
- True Source Honey: The initiative seeks to call attention to illegal sales of honey in circumvention
of U.S. trade laws, as well as help protect the quality and reputation of the U.S. honey supply and the sustainability of U.S. beekeepers and honey businesses.
- Ultimate Guide to Beekeeping - Edited by Arenaflowers in house Apiarist Jackie.
- USDA Agricultural Research Service
- USDA ARS Honey Bee Breeding, Genetics, and Physiology Research Unit - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- USDA Bee Research Lab - Weslaco, Texas
- USDA Beltsville Bee Research Laboratory - Maryland, USA
- USDA Standards for Extracted Honey
- Virtual Beekeeping Gallery: Bees, honey, equipment, journals, market, associations, companies, classified ads,
forums, tools, events, institutes, laboratories, museums, personalized advice, databases, links, etc. Trilingual site: English, French and Spanish.
- Warre Hive, natural beekeeping?
- Western Apicultural Society
- Western Apiculture Society
- Wolf Creek Apiaries -A source for bee supplies and bees. This club has used them for our bee source.
They only use natural oils for medication and natural bee management methods. If you want to keep bees as they do, there web site gives the recipes for
their organic methods.
- Yard Care Life - How To Start & Make a Compost Pile at Home