Minutes for Dec 12, 2017
NEW LOOK: 5rbc.net
President: Arrie Goodwin (870) 966-3666
Vice-President: Vernon Lamb (870) 886-6669
Secretary /Treasurer Jacque English (870) 856-4987
Member-at-Large: Robin Bowyer and Ronda Lee
Master-at-Arms: Rick Deroiun
- Meeting was called to order 6:30 p.m. by Arrie Goodwin at Grandma's Country Cookin' Restaurant in Hardy, AR. We had 10 members and 3 guests in attendance. Arrie gave opening prayer.
- Treasurer Report (Books are open for any member to review) FNBC Checking - $269.99
- Memberships - 44 paid members. All annual dues are from January to January. Help your club and renew. Welcome to Terry Hill, our newest member.
- Meeting Minutes from November 14, 2017 were accepted as read.
1. The new officers were voted in unanimously. They are listed above. Congratulations to one and all.
2. Jacque spoke on the replies she got from sending out an email to various media outlets (News papers, Radio, TV, etc.) on behalf of the club.
3. Arrie reminded folks to feed your bees.
4. We had a guest speaker, John Goodson from the Sharp County Dept. of Health - Food Inspector.
.... a. Most all the members fall under the Hobbyist Rule - when selling honey. Less than 500 gallons a year, you are not required to be inspected.
.... b. He highly suggest though to label your product for Quality Control when selling at various locations, be it from your personal yard, a farmers market or at a place of business.
.... c. Warning Labels for children under two years of age is NOT required, but a nice thing to have. Since honey should not be given to a child that age due to their immune system has not developed.
.... d. If you do sell, he spoke on the 3 sink rule .. wash, rinse, and then sanitize for all your containers to avoid any contamination. To use 1 tablespoon of bleach to one gallon of water.
.... e. He passed out handouts that also covered what he spoke on. Here they are at the end of minutes and they will be available at the next meeting.
5. Gift Buckets were passed out to each family. A little something to show our appreciation.
MAY EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE AND JOYOUS HOLIDAY. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Bee Calendar : Thanks to UAEX.edu
Meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
Next Meeting: 09 JAN 2018 @6:30 PM
Place: Grandma's Country Cookin' in Hardy
Minutes submitted by Jacque English