Minutes for August 20, 2020
President: Vernon Lamb (870) 886-6669
Vice-President: Lonnie Perry (870) 895-2771
Secretary /Treasurer Jacque English (870) 856-4987
Meeting was called to order 6:30 p.m. by Vernon Lamb at the A.J. Hudson Memorial Center (Outside) in Highland, AR. We had 16 in attendance: 12 members, 4 guests.
Lonnie Perry gave opening prayer.
FNBC Checking - $572.39
Memberships – 36 paid members. All annual dues are from January to January. Help your club and renew.
Minutes from July 16, 2020 were accepted as read. Vernon Lamb motioned and William Kaelber seconded - all approved.
1) Home visit last month was at Lonnie and Nora’s home. Thank you again for a wonderful educational experience.
2) Our Annual Pot Luck Picnic is scheduled for September 20th, it was brought up to members present as to postpone it and combine it with our annual Christmas Party Meeting in December. It was tabled until next month’s meeting to decide when we will have it. Someone mentioned maybe October / November timeframe as well. So when you read this, please let me or an Officer know, what month you’d like to try for have our annual potluck and what you would be bringing.
3) Our following meetings for the rest of the year will be at the Hardy Civic Center on Main Street (across from Bill’s Cash Saver). Same start time 6:30 PM.
4) We will be having a raffle for the bee lap quilt that William Kaelber made. Tickets will be available at the September, October, and November meetings.
Drawing will be in December at the Christmas Party.
Price for tickets will be:$1.00 a ticket, 6 tickets for $5.00.
The size of lap quilt is 49x35 inches, Queen bee is a foot long.
Very nicely done. Thank you William for the donation.
5) Vernon and Lonnie took questions and talked about beginning your hives, what to look for, how to prevent dangers to your hives, care and maintenance of hives.
6) Vernon passed around pictures of flowers that are in bloom for the bees and for the next few months what you should look to do.
7) Video of meeting can be found here.http://5rbc.net/Movies/20Aug2020mmfb.mp4
Bee Calendar : Thanks to UAEX.edu
Meeting was adjourned at 7:45 p.m.
Next Meeting: 18 September 2020 @6:30 PM
Place: Hardy Civic Center – Main Street – (across from Bill’s Cash Saver)
Minutes submitted by Jacque English